THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Getting It All Together

It's only 11:00am right now and I am already ready for a nap! I start my new job on the 2nd and have been busy getting all the paperwork together.

I work in childcare, caring for children between 2 months through 24 months. Caring for children is my whole life and the one main thing I have always been good at. A lot of people have tried to take this away from me. Mainly because I stand up for myself and for the children in my care. I ahve never been scared to tell administration exactly what was up. A lot of places don't want you to have a mind or opinions. Just come in and take care of the kids.

To a lot of people, we are4 often considered just "babysitters". We are not. Child Development is a skill and babysitters do not go to school, pay tons of money for tution for a degree. Just because we are not in grade school does not make us any less teachers.

Without childcare, many people could not go to work. Parents trust us with their most precious cargo; their children. Yet we are often on the bottom of the barrel as far as benefits and salary.

We are also treated poorly by parents as well. We can never do a single thing that they cannot do better. I often chalk this up to jealousy. We are doing what parents want to be doing themselves. Stay home with their babies.

0 comments: